Sunday, September 11, 2005

Aliens

So back when I was in the first grade, I thought that the term "female" was another word for "alien." It wasn't until I was playing Ultima II on the old Commodore 64 and I was choosing my character and I had a choice between male and female for my character did my parents politely inform me that "female" does not actually mean "alien," and it was instead the gender classification for women. I think my mom had a little fun with that one and feigned some offense that I thought she was an alien, but in the end no big deal...

Recently, for no reason whatsoever, this memory came to mind and I decided to reevaluate my thoughts on the term "female." After a little bit of thinking, I decided that my parents were wrong, and I, as a first grader, was right. Females are aliens.

(No, nothing has happened recently to make me come to this decision. It's just a pretty simple conclusion given the facts available.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying not to take all of this personally and have my feelings hurt. I learned about feelings when I took "Emotions 101: a guide to human dysfunction specific to the male."

9/16/2005 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home