Thursday, February 24, 2005

Adios Pittsburgh

So my broadband internet connection decided to stop working today. And I gotta say, it’s torture without it. I didn’t realize what an addiction broadband internet is. But it really is. I mean, earlier today, I had such a headache due to the withdrawal from it. And then I started having visions of Internet Explorer windows flying around the room. So I went to the computer and hit the little E icon in the corner just so I could see a browser window so I could stop hyperventilating. And then while I did that, I swear the cable modem reached out and bit me. My watch still hurts from that one. But after that it gets really strange, cause then I went for a run. And after THAT, I wrote this:

Once upon a time, there was an IE browser named Chompy. Chompy was really busy trying to fulfill the requests of others that he had no time for himself. And as such, he was really lonely, so he decided to go play in the mud one day when no one was looking. Little did Chompy know that there were lots of worms in the mud. Pretty soon Chompy was infested with them. Chompy quickly went back to work behind his window when he realized the requests were piling up. Problem is, he didn’t wash up first, so soon the window was infested with worms too. Ironically enough, though, both Chompy and the window grew to love the worms. Their clients didn’t so much though, so when a Firefox browser named Stewie came along, they flocked to it because it was free of worm infestations. And then the worms ate Pittsburgh. The end.

I really have no idea what that story means, but I think I’ll start using this Firefox, even though it sounds kinda inhumane.

So now I’m typing this up in Word because I can’t get on the internet to actually type it in my blog. And then I have to put it on a disk and take it to work so I can post it tomorrow. Oy, the madness! I feel like I’m living in the dark ages!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor baby...Whatever could this mean? Hey J, just thought I'd read your "rant" and leave you a nice little post. Talk to you soon, I hope and remember, I'm here whenever you need me. Your friend, Mary<><

3/04/2005 7:05 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

Hey
I found this from the Status xanga ring,which you never write in. Have I met you?

3/15/2005 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mabye wer'e in the dark ages of this millenium...

3/26/2005 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home