Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I'm a Wimp

So while most of the people that might be reading this are probably enjoying subzero temperatures this week, I'm currently in the midst of 50s and 60s (with lows in the 40s). Yet I spent most of yesterday under at least 2 blankets (sometimes 3), cursing myself for not bringing any long underwear down to Florida with me. I've turned into a Florida wimp! Curses! How did that happen?? I've only been here a month! Although, in my defense, we haven't turned on the heat, so the temp in the house hovered around 61 yesterday. But still. Wimp am I.

And for kicks and giggles, a poem:

Pickles are bad.
They taste awful.
Whoever invented them should be covered with butter.
Lemons are better.
They're as sweet as the sun.
I bet that a dozen Lemons could kick the crap out of a dozen Pickles.
Fo sho.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...do you hear that?...hm...I think its people around the world chanting, "Weakling! Weakling! Total Weakling!" Maybe if you weren't such a twig you wouldn't have this weakling problem...
By the way, although your poem has potential its not really true. Yes, lemons are sweet, but pickles are good too! You shouldn't bash them like that, they might hunt you down...
-Bri

2/07/2007 10:21 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

My friend,
you would die if you ever came to where I Live. even tho 40F is chilly I would bag to differ that you would die in -40F.... that my friend is what I somedays

2/11/2007 3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If lemons were better they could keep you warm, but you're freezing so wise up -- pickles rule. Duh.

2/22/2007 9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree!
-B.

2/22/2007 6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know you're not in the habit of posting, but i really wish you would.
-bri

3/16/2007 12:16 AM  
Blogger Tyrone said...

Poem was terrible...

just passing thru browsing blogs...keep working your salvation out AND if you are into mac & chz like yo' profile says...

I know how to deep fry it!

http://tyronebcookin.blogspot.com/2007/04/deep-fried-macaroni-cheese.html

4/29/2007 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home